On the way to the abbey this morning, I came across the Christian tradition selector. I’ve done plenty of similar things in the past (eg. “what’s your rock star name?”, “which superhero are you?”) and so I didn’t really expect much more than a set of fairly random questions but I was in for a suprise!
For example, it kicks off with “What should the relationship be between Scripture and church tradition?” and moves through topics like the sacraments of baptism and communion (or whether, indeed, you treat them as sacraments) and onto questions of heaven, hell and the end of history! My guess would be that a lot of people, Christians included, would look and think “I haven’t got a clue”!
However, I perservered through the theological workout and these were my results:
- Anabaptist (Mennonite/Quaker etc.) (100%)
- Congregational/United Church of Christ (100%)
- Baptist (non-Calvinistic)/Plymouth Brethren/Fundamentalist (95%)
- Baptist (Reformed/Particular/Calvinistic) (92%)
- Presbyterian/Reformed (86%)
- Methodist/Wesleyan/Nazarene (77%)
- Anglican/Episcopal/Church of England (74%)
- Eastern Orthodox (73%)
- Pentecostal/Charismatic/Assemblies of God (65%)
- Seventh-Day Adventist (59%)
- Lutheran (55%)
- Roman Catholic (53%)
- Church of Christ/Campbellite (46%)
Interesting! What about you…?