To replace the black chicken, which died in early April, we have now got a couple of new replacements. As expected, the two existing birds (a pair of Isa Warrens) have not been entirely welcoming and things are not entirely settled in the chicken house yet.
In fact, one of the new birds has felt so disconcerted, it has flown next door. We need to rescue that one later (once the neighbours are up!) but have got on with clipping the wing of the other new one. When we got the two Isa Warrens to join the black hen, it seemed to take a long time for them to get on; hopefully the process will be a bit quicker adding two to two.