Work has been full of challenges over the last month, ever since I got into the office on the first day of February and found that my main server wouldn’t switch on. I’ve since refined my restoration plans (the other side of backup), become much more adept at balancing virtual machines and at last got round to drawing a proper line between development and live environments.
One semi-related task was getting one of our web services shifted across from one server to a new one; one was running SuSE and the other Ubuntu. Finally I have managed to finish the task and get the site running securely, complete with virtual hosting and SSL. It should have been easy but I think the stress of balancing all those other things made every task seem more complex.
Still, at last it has been put to bed and am beginning to feel optimistic that March will be a smoother month.