On the way home yesterday, Jane and I pulled into a car park near Swindon to swap seats and I popped into a branch of Dunelm Mills to see if there was any inspiration for pushing towards final completion of the creative room redecoration project. The result was a Roman blind with a rather oriental bird design picked out in duck egg blue:
This evening I set to mounting it on the wall, which took me the best part of a couple of hours, although that did include everything from covering up with dust sheets and bringing the tools upstairs to the final run over with a vacuum cleaner to pick up any stray dust from the drilling). I did feel that the instructions could have been clearer and the quality of the components could have been a little higher.
Still, it is now up on the wall and, with the lovely pattern, I think it suits the room very well.