Last night was the first time in a long while that I’ve cycled home in the dark or, at least, deep twilight. Fortunately I recently got round to improving how my front helmet light is mounted. It is a small, USB-charged bug and I’d had it strapped on with some cable ties but, while secure from falling off, it tended to flop around.
A few months ago I bought a couple of ABS clips and this weekend I got round to using the first of these. One half is fixed to the helmet and the other to the light. I’ve used smaller cable ties but made the mounting better by application of some Sugru. This counteracts the tendency of the ties to slip on shiny, rounded surfaces.
The result worked well; now I need to get some more stocks of sugru and get the rear one mounted to the same standard.