The delay between creating the wort and starting fermentation doesn’t seem to have harmed my Oxxxford Beer. It had reached an adjusted gravity of 1.009 (1.008 at 20°C) and I’ve managed to get ten swing top bottles filled (including 30g sugar to support bottle conditioning). I didn’t look up the details of the sugar this time but it is about my standard amount, slightly pushed up as I think my beers could stand to be a little more carbonated.
Sampling what was left over from bottling gives me a confidence that this should be another good result when I start breaking them open later this month. It is the darkest beer I have brewed recently (although still quite coppery in colour) and I’m looking forward to enjoying the results.