I got my Maytim brew bottled yesterday. I got 12 full bottles and possibly could have managed 13 but decided to use the last bit along with the trub from fermenting for the garden slug pubs. I’d decided that it wasn’t worth brewing beer specifically for that purpose as I’m not buying enough grain to make the price significantly cheaper than the cheapest supermarket beer but I ended up with enough left over to hopefully keep my plants safer for longer as well as plenty that I’ll get to enjoy.
And enjoy I will. It will be a few weeks before I try this in earnest but the little sample I took yesterday gives me hope that it will be another good one. Final gravity was about 1.009 so I’m pretty much bang on the target ABV of 3.81%. Time to start thinking about the next brew.