Wulf's Webden

The Webden on WordPress

Myrtle Gin for 2017

I harvested berries from my myrtle bushes today to make another batch of myrtle gin. I’m using a similar mix to last time but I’ve tried to use a little less sugar. I’ve also thrown in some fresh ginger to infuse.

Now, I have a few weeks of regularly shaking the bottle, then decanting it and then about six months to find out what the result is. Well, perhaps one or two early samples allowed!

  • Magnus Forrester-Barker

    I’ve got some sloe gin maturing at the moment which I started back in October. I fairly recently decanted it off the sloes (only about a fortnight later than planned) and I’m now patiently waiting for it to mature. I’ve only got one smallish bottle of it so I can’t afford too many early tests!

    • basswulf

      It’s worth going a bit larger on these kind of things if you can. I’m hoping to get… well, at least two small bottles out of mine!

      • Magnus Forrester-Barker

        I didn’t want to use too much gin on my first try of the recipe. Next time, I’ll maybe try to get a couple of bottles (and put a bit of ginger in one of them, perhaps).