I managed to try out my new router jig this evening. I had thought I’d leave it until tomorrow, when I will have more time, but the forecast is for rain in the early evening and, with the length of the wood I am working on (and the huge amount of sawdust generated by the router), it has to be done outside.
Anyway, I got the second set of seven slots cut much faster than the first lot although the fit isn’t quite as tight. For my purposes, it should be good enough though. Tomorrow, I can do some indoor work and see if I can get at least one of my side panels assembled. And, once the bookshelf is complete, I can do some tidying up in my study and perhaps get the paints out again!