Just a quick note to self tonight. When exporting a project or set from Ableton to share with another person (as I did at tonight’s String Project rehearsal), the optimum route is to save the work to an intermediary location like the desktop (I keep my desktop clear of distractions – it isn’t my default file store!) and then open that version and check that all the required media files are gathered in before copying to a memory stick.
The first time I tried it tonight, I gathered the files then saved a copy to the desktop, copied across to Ben’s machine and then discovered that all the unique media files were missing. Oops! Easy to solve but I’ll try and remember the improved workflow next time (and, ideally, get that set before leaving the house rather than trying to rush it during the tea break!).