Yesterday, we need a card and Jane dug out a blank which had a fairly rough surface, reminding me of watercolour paper. The card was lilac, so I played around with some blue and red watercolour.
I built up the attached image in several layers, starting with plain water into which I added some colour and, as I got the idea of flowers, I gradually enhanced it. The result shows wet in wet, negative painting, patterns from salt and clingfilm and definition added with a fine, white paint pen.
Given that I’ve not done a lot of watercolour practise recently, I’m rather pleased with it and hope it delights the recipient too!