This afternoon, I finished off setting up the first of the log stores I wanted to create with the pallets I was breaking up the other day. I did most of the building last weekend, when there was a bit of dry weather, but, on taking it down to the paved area I’d prepared, I realised my paving was not level and not set near enough to the fence.
This afternoon, I did some remedial work and so the construction was able to go into position. I noticed that there was a bit of flex so I added a couple of diagonal supports at the back to resist unwanted movement. It now seems pretty sturdy and I’ve started to fill it with some of the wood I’ve got that still needs a fair amount of seasoning (and will be helped with good air flow and a bit of cover).