I’ve done some more stump removal today. I know I only posted about that same topic on Monday but my reflection today was how quickly confidence and competence can grow for such tasks. When I first tried, on Saturday, it had been several years since I’d last attempted a similar job. On Monday, I had more success and, today, I’d discovered a useful rhythm. Break the ground, excavate the dirt, expose uncovered roots to a point where they can be lopped with enough to grab onto on the section away from the stump to allow further pulling.
It still takes time but I managed one decent sized stump and made good headway on a second without getting nearly as muddy as I did the other day. Almost there and with improved skills to boot.