At last! We’ve (almost) finished our polytunnel. Today I dug a trench round the outside and we put the cover on. Unfortunately, we discovered that I’d been much more enthusiastic than I needed to be and so, rather than piling soil on top of the cover to hold it down, most of my remaining energy went on refilling much of the trench.
Never mind. Tomorrow is due to be nice and warm so it will be good to give the cover a chance to expand before we properly fasten it down. A number of old edging bricks are doing the job at the moment to ensure it doesn’t blow away overnight! I know the rest of next week is due to be quite chilly but we can get ready for warmth to return and get planting things to flower and fruit over the summer.