I think I need to get on with using the woodchips I got last week. Jane and I managed to get the smallest of the builders bags into the back of the car and over to the allotment this afternoon. On emptying out, I realised it was steaming away. I’ve often struggled to get my compost to heat up because, even with an allotment full of weeds, it’s hard to get sufficient volume of ingredients.
Anyway, the woodchip is getting into use, the compost heap is working quickly even though it hasn’t quite got round to steaming yet (I’ve added some woodchip to help though) and I’ve also got some peas and spinach planted out.